Monday, February 20, 2012

Thinking about what you Think

How many times have you been engaged in conversation and you think, "wow, what this person is saying right now is really weird..". Maybe it's not even conversation, but maybe something someone is doing, or wearing that makes you think how normal you seem to be. I'm sure everyone has at least one case of that happening because I certainly have.

Often I realize I spend a lot of time in my own head. Thinking, trying to remember what I need to do, obscure thoughts that come across my mind, or sometimes just basically talking to myself in my own head. When it comes down to it, blogs like this are basically my thoughts being put into words to share it with people, right? I think many people do this, and the only thing that separates "weird" people from people that appear to be "normal" are whether or not these thoughts actually reach the surface, where as some people just keep that sort of thing stored away. I truly believe this is how I am, and I am just wondering does everyone do this sort of thing? If you're having trouble understanding, let me share some very weird examples to you and see if we can relate.

One thing that I tend to do all the time is, see how quietly I can go up a flight of stairs but still go up them quickly? Like I am training to be a fucking ninja or something? I don't know why I do it, but it gets bad enough to where sometimes after reaching the top of the stairs, I actually acknowledge my stealthiness. As if I actually walked up to someone and was like "hey did you see how swift I was going up the stairs there?" They would probably just stare blankly at me, and depending on how badly their day was going would justify their actions to push me back down that flight of stairs, casually walk down them themselves call me a fucking weirdo, and spit on my injured body.

This also happens when I am driving. For instance, when traffic is slightly heavy, but just enough for you to weave through it if you were in a hurry. It is that few minute span when you're weaving through a bit of traffic and realize that you reached the front of that pack...That I feel like I just pulled of the greatest driving stunt since David Hasselhoff in Knight Rider. Like not even Jeff Gordon could have done that shit if he was in that same situation, when in reality I was doing 24mph blowing past 6 cars doing 22mph because we were in a school zone. Not to mention I could see each individual face for 30 seconds as I was switching lanes through the "pack", but still I pulled off the stare down...Like did you see what I did there...that's right, no blinker, and then I zoom off!

One last one that seems to frequently occur is my own secret competitions with people. Maybe in the classroom setting when a question is asked I am the first one to raise my hand. Whether I am called on is totally irrelevant, but the fact that my hand was numero uno is a win in itself. Or driving again, when you and a car are in the front of a stop light, and you and some stranger have a Fast and the Furious moment. The other person doesn't need to know, but when I beat them to that first light pole...my God that is always a huge victory. 

Even writing all this seems weird because all these things are what go on in my head, but I never actually say it. I want to know if the people who read this do any bizarre things like that? Like I said, even just reading this back to myself and I am thinking good God what kind of freak show do I have going on in my brain. Am I secretly fucking weird myself...or is this what a lot people also do and choose not to say anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment